Short trip to Nusa Lembongan, Bali

The view of Nusa Lembongan from Panorama Restaurant
The view of Nusa Lembongan from Panorama Restaurant
I'm so blessed to have a chance to go back to Bali. To me, as Indonesian, going to Bali is one of luxurious vacation. I'm not talking about the five-star hotels, the bars or famous beach clubs. It's about the feeling of happiness that finally you can have some time to spend time there. I'm also lucky to spend my time in Bali with my dear husband and my dearest friends. We went there to attend our beloved friend's wedding. It's like a rare occasion for us to gather like this due to our busy activities.



In addition to explore the culinary, we were also given a chance to explore another island in Bali which is Mushroom Bay, Nusa Lembongan. You can take a boat from Sanur and price details will be informed by the cashier. It only takes 30 minutes journey from Sanur to Nusa Lembongan.

We stayed at Naturale Villas which is only a few minutes from the beach. The hotel takes a natural concept which is traditional Indonesian huts built atop a cliff. Plus, the bathroom is outdoor. Speaking of which, there is neither television nor telephone inside the room so that I really enjoyed the vacation, even just by staying in the hotel. The staffs are also really friendly. 

Naturale Villas (taken from the lobby)
The room from Naturale Villas
The room from Naturale Villas
Outdoor Bathroom
Outdoor bathroom
Nusa Lembongan is still a virgin island. You won't see crowds like you see in Kuta, Seminyak, Legian or other famous cities in Bali. But I saw a lot of development that has been built in the area. 
Exploring the island itself is not hard. You can rent a motorcycle from the hotel you stay in. Water sport is also available in the island. I experienced my first snorkeling there and I am amazed of how beautiful the life of the sea.

The fisherman ships (taken from MammaMia)
The fisherman ships (taken from MammaMia)
Beside water sport, you also can experience the mangrove forest. You can rent a boat for 4 or 5 people. The view of the mangrove is breathtaking and the silence of the forest will soothe your mind. 
Other famous places in Mushroom Bay are the Sunset Beach and The Devil's Tear. Unfortunately, Sunset Beach is nearby the hill and further from the sand. Luckily we visited another beach which called Dream Beach. Dream Beach has a lot of tourists and you can enjoy the beach club over there. That day we spent by swimming on the beach. 

Dream Beach
Dream Beach
The Devil's Tear location is a bit confusing. We rode the motorcycle for several times even we have asked the local people. After a few minutes of hunting, we finally found the place. Praise the Lord of the view. All of us were transfixed by the suffocating view!

The Devil's Tear
The Devil's Tear
I ended my 2015 with togetherness with old friends. A small reunion for a few days was really amazing. No matter where I will go or how much money I have spent, I will never buy this memory. Seriously, I can't wait to go back to Bali and I really looking forward to exploring more places in Indonesia.

Mel, an Anglophile

@melianachandra

No comments:

Post a Comment