Drinking Traditional Japanese Tea at Maccha House 抹茶館

Maccha House 抹茶館
Maccha House 抹茶館
My friend once told me to try this Japanese dessert at Somerset's Orchard Central and I didn't keep it on my mind. Until one day, when my husband and I wanted to try something Japanese, I remembered this place. We both went to Maccha House. That day, the place was almost fully seated but we luckily got a place at the corner.


We both ordered Maccha Mont Blanc Roll ($8,9) and Traditional Maccha ($3,9). We didn't wait for a long time because our meal arrived just in a few minutes. 

Traditional Maccha Tea
Traditional Maccha tea
The taste of Traditional Maccha is very nice. I loved the fragrance. But my husband mistakenly pour the hot water too much into the maccha powder. But we loved the taste, even though it was not the way it should be.

Traditional Maccha Tea
Traditional Maccha Tea

The Maccha Mont Blanc Roll tasted a bit plain. It contains chocolate roll cake with Maccha cream with black beans and Japanese chestnuts. But I couldn't taste the maccha. A bit disappointed though I enjoyed it.

Maccha Mont Blanc Roll
Maccha Mont Blanc Roll
Actually, there are other dishes from Maccha House, like ramen and coffee. But that day we had our lunch already, so we only ordered the desserts. This place is recommended to be on your list especially for those of you who love Japanese food.

Mel, an Anglophile

@melianachandra


Location :
Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road
#B1-40 238896

No comments:

Post a Comment