Weekend Getaway - Part 1

We started our Saturday morning with breakfast hunting. Husband had checked a book named "CEO HAWKER GUIDE" about delicious and recommended hawker food. He revised the food name and the stall. Thank God it's located in Tiong Bahru Market. Only 15 minutes walking distance from our apartment.
I don't have any list of food so I think I got to try something new. So I saw a stall which got no queue and it sells Char Kway Teow. I ordered the simple one but I think I got more than I expected. I got Lap Cheong, some chopped vegetables, sliced fish balls, a few oyster and pork rinds. Only $3 for a plate. 


Char Kway Teow
Char Kway Teow
My husband wanted a bowl of Tau Suan and he had to queue. It took 10 minutes I guess and he came back with a wide smile. He said, "This is so cheap and tasty. I can't believe that I still find tasty and cheap food here"

Tau Suan
Tau Suan
After breakfast, we decided to go to somewhere I've never been. We travelled around by MRT. And stopped to Ferrer Park. He said that there is a delicious Bak Kut Teh named Founder Bak Kut Teh. My thought was like "Okay! This is just the Bak Kut Teh like I used to eat". We got to walk under the sunshine. It was a sunny and hot day! He pointed and showed me the place. "Wow! Less people, yeayy!!", I thought. But when I went inside, we got no place to be seated. Unbelieveable. And that place is the branch. I can't imagine if my husband took me to the centre one. Luckily we got a table for two people. 

So we ordered some food like salted vegetables, You Tiao, black sauce pig intestine and of course the famous Bak Kut Teh. We got to wait for a few minutes and the food finally came out. I love how quick they work. Hahaha.. Because I was too starving and the smell from other people's tables which made me can't wait to taste. 
Founder Bak Kut Teh
Founder Bak Kut Teh

The taste of Bak Kut Teh is so spicy but I love it. The Bak Kut Teh I usually eat is Penang Bak Kut Teh (with herbs), That's why the appearance is also different. I like both (or maybe I love to eat) so I don't mind with the spicy. 

After lunch, suddenly we got heat stroke. Maybe it's because we walked on a sunny day. We decided to go back home and took a nap. We ended the weekend with Economic Rice. Well, not a bad weekend I may say. :)

Mel, an Anglophile
x

No comments:

Post a Comment