Tiong Bahru Bakery - Enjoying the BEST CROISSANT in Town

Tiong Bahru Bakery
Tiong Bahru Bakery
Before I moved here, my husband told me about the famous cafe in our area. It's called Tiong Bahru Bakery. I was so curious until I started my life here. Now, this place is one of my places-to-be-tried lists. However, that day when we wanted to try in Tiong Bahru area, the place was over crowded. There were so many people queueing in front of the cafe. Until one day, we finally made it. We tried at another branch which was located in Tangs Plaza.


Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tangs Plaza
Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tangs
We chose our seats at the corner because I always loved to see the activities of everyone outside. My husband ordered some pastries and some beverages and he came back with three pastries and two beverages. He also took a small package of butter from the minibar nearby the cashier.

Tiong Bahru Bakery
Tiong Bahru Bakery
Tiong Bahru Bakery Mini Bar
Mini Bar from Tiong Bahru Bakery
He ordered a cup of Nymph of The Nile ($5.50) for me and a cup of Flat White ($5.50) for himself. For the pastries, he ordered Kouign Aman Chocolate ($4.50), Lemon Eclair ($7.00) and Croissant Almonds ($3.80). Luckily, because that day we ordered the meal for more than $20, we also got $2 coupon and we used it on that day at once.

Lemon Eclair
Lemon Eclair
Kouign Aman Chocolate
Kouign Aman Chocolate
Croissant Almonds
Croissant Almonds
Nymph of the Nile
Nymph of the Nile
Flat White
Flat White
When I bit the Kouign Aman Chocolate, I was really speechless. The taste was incredibly wonderful. This French pastry was very crusty outside and airy inside, slightly chewy and very flavourful. The Croissant Almonds itself was really as good as Kouign Aman. And the Lemon Eclair's flavour was perfectly lemonish. I love the meringue which was not too sweet but rich of lemon's flavour.

Tiong Bahru Bakery is famous for the croissant and it can be proven from some articles hanging on the wall. The croissant has been chosen as the best croissant in Singapore by Strait Times and Timeout Magazine. No wonder the place is very crowded every time we pass.

Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Breads of Tiong Bahru Bakery
Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tangs Plaza
Inside of Tiong Bahru Bakery at Tangs
Although the price of the bakery is pricey, I will be back there to try more on the display that they have. I notice that there are a lot of set menu and other cakes which are very tempting. 

Mel, an Anglophile 

@melianachandra

Location :
310 Orchard Road #L1-16B, TANGS Orchard, 238864
Phone: 6735 3787

No comments:

Post a Comment