Punggol Nasi Lemak at Tanjong Katong

Punggol Nasi Lemak
Punggol Nasi Lemak @ Tanjong Katong
After having dinner at Eng's Noodle (check out our review here Eng's Char Siew Wantan Mee), we crossed the road and joined the queue of Punggol Nasi Lemak. This nasi lemak is very famous in Singapore. It could be seen from the queue and it was only just 6 pm. Some of the visitors had taken their dinner, some of them took their boxes of dabao nasi lemak and some of them looked excited to order and eat. My husband joined the latest one.  He had just finished his dinner at Aeng's Noodle and he was curious about the Nasi Lemak because from what we heard and read, this nasi lemak was the best one in the country.


Business Hour of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Business Hours of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Punggol Nasi Lemak
The queue while we waited for our turn
The place looks like a coffee shop but there is only one stall. We queued for 10 minutes until my husband's turn. The way to order the food is 'pick pick pick' for the food like when we pick our food in Padangnese Restaurant in Indonesia. He chose Otah, Egg and Cuttle Fish Ball. While he paid for his meal, I sat and looked around the restaurant. So many people enjoyed the food.

Price List of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Price List of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Side Dishes of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Side dishes of Punggol Nasi Lemak
Overall, I think this nasi lemak is good. However, my Indonesian tongue prefer the Indonesian version of nasi lemak. But it is worth trying, even though it's not as same as Indonesian nasi lemak. The otah smells really good. And the taste of the sambal balacan was too sweet for me.
Punggol Nasi Lemak
Punggol Nasi Lemak
Looking at my husband enjoying his second round of dinner made me want to try too. But unfortunately, I was already full after the previous noodle dinner, so I only had a bite. I promise myself to go back there. That time, I will come with an empty tummy.

Mel, an Anglophile

@melianachandra

Location :
238 Tanjong Katong Rd Singapore 437026
Phone: 6348 3303
Opening hours: 17:30-02:30 daily except Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment