Short Trip to Jakarta and Bandung (Part 1)

On 14 January, my husband suddenly texted me whether I wanted to go to Jakarta for three days. I was like "Why not?". I got so many reasons why I said YES. I missed Indonesia so much. I missed my friends and of course, the FOOD! I don't know I should be thankful or not, but after we had decided to buy the plane tickets, we got the news that Jakarta had been terrorized. We were quite doubtful whether to keep going or cancel the trip. Thanks to the Indonesia policemen, everything was under control. Our flight was delayed that night (we took the night flight), so we arrived in Jakarta at 10.30 pm. We were picked up by our beloved friends who also loved to eat. 



Our first stop was Kwetiau Akang. I ordered the Fried Kwetiau or Char Kwetiau. The taste was bloody delicious. It made me feel like I haven't had this kind of Kwetiau for a long time. Compared to Singaporean Char Kwetiau, this one is really good. Not too sweet and full of condiments. Yumm! 

Kwetiau Akang
Kwetiau Akang
Location : Blok Z 6 No. Penjaringan, Jl. Muara Karang Raya No.21, Jakarta Utara, DKI Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14450, Indonesia

It was midnight when we finally arrived at our friends' house, so we didn't take a long time to clean ourselves and jumped on the bed at once. We woke up at 6 am, because we planned to go to Puncak. I was excited because Puncak is another place nearby Bogor and the weather is really nice. But before we left for Puncak, we picked up our friend and he was surprised to see us. Oh my, it was so funny. The breakfast starter was Kari Peng Ang Cin. 

Kari Peng
Kari Peng
Kari Peng is a Bagan traditional food. A plate of Kari Peng contains rice, pork meat, pork chasio, prawn, egg and delicious curry on top. Because I love spicy food, I added chili and it made the food taste more delicious. Kari Peng Ang Cin is one of the legendary food and has been famous since he opened first in Bagan Siapi-Api. The taste has not changed until now. 

Location : Jl. K, Telok Gong, Jakarta Utara, DKI Jakarta, Indonesia

After Kari Peng, I thought our breakfast has ended, but my friends took us to another place to eat Wantan Noodle. The place was a bit small but I could see a lot of people who waited for packs of noodle. The taste of noodle really made me shock. So sweet that I could not swallow. Even the soup tasted really sweet. I usually love eating noodle, but this one,unfortunately, is an exception. 

Wantan Noodle
Wantan Noodle
This place also serves Kwetiau Bagan which is like Char Kwetiau but this one doesn't use soya sauce. To make the colour, it only needs chili. Don't ask about the taste, damn good. 

Kwetiau Goreng Bagan
Kwetiau Goreng Bagan
Whilst waiting for our noodle to come, our friend went out to buy Chee Cheong Fun or rice noodle roll. I have no idea where he bought this but it's really good. 

Chee Cheong Fun
Chee Cheong Fun
Location : Teluk Indah Blok Q No. 36 Teluk Gong, Jakarta Utara.

And our journey continued, I was so excited because I'd like to eat seafood. I felt a bit strange of the way to Puncak. I felt like it's a bit further than I previously took. Instead of looking at the street, I decided to sleep because we slept a bit late last night. For a while, I woke up and we were still at the toll. "Woah, the traffic is really bad today. It's almost 12 pm and I wanted to pee", I thought. I asked my friends how long the journey from Jakarta to Puncak, why haven't we arrived? They just said that we're almost there.

My eyes caught an adverstising about hospitals in Bandung, and I thought how great the advertising was. The company was able to promote in Jakarta. After being amazed with the adverstising, I caught another thing that made me realized that my friends were taking me to BANDUNG!! 10 km to Bandung. I was like "Seriously, we're going to Bandung? The BANDUNG BANDUNG?!!" They said, "YES!!". My husband had known about it and didn't tell me. Oh my, I smiled like crazy. I usually watched everything about Bandung on TV and unbelievably I was on the way there.

(to be continued)

Mel, an Anglophile
@melianachandra

No comments:

Post a Comment