Short Trip to Jakarta and Bandung (part 3)

It was 6.30 am when I woke up. The body was a bit sore because of trip we had yesterday (check out our journey to Bandung here). But remembering that day was our last day, I was so excited yet sad because the togetherness will be missed. After I finished getting ready, I woke my husband and my friends up. After all of us were ready, our friend bought a pack of Nasi Ulam for us. Nasi ulam is a steamed rice dish mixed with various herbs, accompanied with various side dishes such as kemangi herb, chili, sliced cucumber and sprinkled with peanuts granule, serundeng (grated and sauteed coconut) or other optional such as dendeng (beef jerky), telur dadar (omelette), perkedel (mashed potato fritter), fried tofu or tempeh, and krupuk. And there was also a plastic bag of cold soup so you got to pour on top of Nasi Ulam. It's a bit soupy. I had tried before and I love it. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. Blame the delicious food and my hungry belly.



After our first breakfast, we went to our friend's house but he had not waken up yet. We waited for him for about 20 minutes and picked up another friend before heading to Fresh Market. Fresh Market is actually a wet market and has lots of food courts inside. You will see a lot of options and get confused.
Beef Meatball and Tofu
Beef Meatball and Tofu
Bihun Bebek
Bihun Bebek

Because I miss eating Bakso (meatball), I ordered a bowl of Bakso. My husband ordered a bowl of Bihun Bebek Herbal (rice vermicelli, shredded of duck and herbal soup). Our friends also ordered a lot for us. That morning was a blessing (everyday is also a blessing).


Lobak Goreng
Lobak Goreng
Chicken Porridge
Chicken Porridge
Cakwe
Cakwe
Vegetarian Rice
Vegetarian Rice
Uyen Goreng / Keladi Goreng
Uyen Goreng / Keladi Goreng

Location : Jl. Pantai Indah Kapuk, Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14470, Indonesia

After having our second breakfast, I still felt unsatisfied before eating my favourite Bakso, so when my friends asked me where it is. I said Bakso Solo. It was only 5 minutes from Fresh Market (without traffic jam) to arrive at the place. The taste was a bit salty that day though but I still love it because I couldn't find this kind of dish in Singapore.

Bakso Solo
Bakso Solo
Location : Ruko Gallery 8, Blok ED, Jl. Pantai Indah Utara 2, Pantai Indah Kapuk, Jakarta

Oh my, after this bowl of meatball, I felt so much full and my friends kept asking me to another delicious food. I was like "Give me times..". So thank God, another friend of ours came to visit us and also had a lunch with us. We talked for an hour and my husband remembered me to buy some groceries. After lunch, we went to Baywalk Mall to wait for another time to eat. But we spent our time at the bookstore though.

It was 12.30 pm when our friend told us that her parents wanted to meet us and they were in another mall, so we were in rush to pay our books. However, before we headed to the mall, our friends said that I should try another food which is Emie Acuan. It's actually Medanese food but it's been famous in Jakarta. Emie is a soupy noodly which served with bean sprouts, egg and boiled potato. The soup itself is made with some herbs and ebi. The taste of the ebi makes the noodle tastes yummier.

Emie Acuan
Emie Acuan
Location : Jalan Pluit Sakti Raya, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14450, Indonesia

We didn't waste a lot time because our friend's parents were waiting for us. So after having meals, we directly went to the mall. We only had a few minutes to meet up with her parents and also we had a chance to meet up with other friends of ours. And finally, it was the time for my husband and I to go to airport. Although we only had a few days in Jakarta, we were so blessed to have a short trip. And there are more food I haven't tried so I hope we could back to Jakarta soon. Thanks for reading.

Mel, an Anglophile
@melianachandra

No comments:

Post a Comment