Chilling at Tobys Estate Coffee

Tobys Estate

I know this place from a friend of mine. That time she asked me to join her to have a cup of coffee or just hung out but by that time my sister was here and we got somewhere to go, so I didn't have a chance to go.

My husband who loves coffee so much wanted to go there, so on weekend, we paid a visit. After queueing for two cupcakes from Fluff Bakery (check my cupcake story here Delicious Cupcakes from Fluff Bakery, we took a bus nearby Jalan Pisang to Toby's Estate by bus no 51. It stopped in front of Miramar Hotel and we had to walk a bit to the cafe.


Tobys Estate
The building of Tobys Estate

It's not too hard to find this cafe because I'd seen the photos from the internet. But that afternoon, we could see there were many people enjoying their lunch in the front area.  We entered the cafe and we sat inside nearby the corner and windows. The view outside was the river with ray of sunshine. There were two glasses and a bottle of cold water on the table as a complimentary.

Tobys Estate
Inside of Tobys Estate
The waiter gave us the menu and he waited for us patiently. My husband suggested me to drink a cup of coffee and I thought that it's okay to try, so I ordered cappucino. My husband ordered Cold Brew Coffee. We also ordered Toby's French Fries because we thought we already had our lunch at Hajah Maimunah (check the review here Enjoying Malay Food at Hajah Maimunah) and we brought along the cupcakes with us. So some snack while enjoying the view was quite okay.

Tobys Estate Menu
The menu at Tobys Estate
What I love from the service is when I asked whether it was okay to eat food from outside, they're like "Of course, you can eat it here!". Who doesn't love it? Because there are some restaurants or cafes which don't allow us to bring outside food and drink.

When the waiter came back and brought our menu, me and husband were shocked to see how big the portion of the french fries was. But the taste was really good; lemonish and crispy. And the coffee was great. My husband said the coffee was really good. He liked it so much. To me, my cappuccino tasted really good (even I'm not a coffee lover). I loved the fragrance and the bitter which blended perfectly.

Tobys Estate French Fries
Tobys Estate French Fries

Tobys Estate Cappuccino
Cappuccino

Tobys Estate Cold Brew Coffee
Cold Brew Coffee
We sat in the cafe for almost two hours. I loved being there but due to the crowds, I felt it was kind of a bit noisy there.



Tobys Estate
Inside of Tobys Estate

Maybe next time we'll go back there and order the brunch because they have  delicious food which we haven't tried. And we also love the good service we had. Super lovely and recommended place!

Mel, an Anglophile

@melianachandra


Location :
Toby's Estate
8 Rodyk Street, #01-03/04, 238216
Tel : 6636 7629

1 comment: